I. Student Success and Completion – we are committed to meeting the educational needs of Dallas County by supporting our students so they are successful, persistent, and achieve educational milestones.
- Develop a strategic vision for the Career Services Center.
- Implement comprehensive First Year Experience.
- Improve Developmental Math success through Achieving The Dream (ATD) work.
- Improve Developmental Reading through iRead Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
- Increase success and retention of minority male students through Minority Male Initiative.
- Develop and promote pathways from K-12 to community college to university or career.
- Increase degree and certificate completers.
II. Community Engagement – we are committed to serving and supporting our diverse community by connecting individuals, communities, schools, and employers in Dallas County and our region.
- Implement the new strategic plan for Workforce Education.
- Create a business development plan based on the needs of local business and industry.
- Partner with service area schools for program alignment and outreach initiatives.
- Maintain and improve sustainable partnerships.
- Develop a business plan to expand the Construction and Logistics programs.
III. Institutional Effectiveness – we are committed to living our mission of high quality and continuous improvement by teaching, learning, innovating, and showcasing our best people, programs and processes.
- Design and communicate a college dashboard and quantifiable metrics of performance.
- Maintain a culture of evidence through systematic assessments of student learning.
- Continue to optimize our fiscal, physical, and human resources.
- Create and maintain the optimum teaching and learning environment at all of our campuses.
- Build upon our reputation for successful sustainability programs and initiatives.
IV. Employee Success - we are committed to creating a healthy, positive and productive work environment for the educators who support, serve, teach and guide our students.
- Increase cultural competence and diversity of our faculty and staff.
- Promote professional development and innovation.
- Showcase our successes through internal and external recognition activities.
- Use leadership assessments, employee surveys and other instruments to assess effectiveness, climate, engagement and satisfaction.
View the Strategic Priorities for 2013-14