North Lake College is one of a handful of colleges and universities that are officially partnering with VMware. VMware Certification is a comprehensive program specifically for the academic community. This alliance will allow collaboration with VMware and provide North Lake Students with key information technology skills. These skills will allow students to compete for information technology careers globally.
Becoming a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) is your first step toward gaining expertise in virtual infrastructure and the industry recognition that follows. This certification is designed to teach you what you need to successfully install, manage and deploy VMware vSphere 5.X. A VMware authorized instructor-led course is required.
Invest in yourself and validate your knowledge, skills, and expertise by earning the industry's most comprehensive certification program.
- Install and configure ESXi
- Install and configure vCenter Server components
- Configure vCenter Server Linked Mode
- Configure and manage ESX/ESXi networking and storage using vCenter Server
- Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
- Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
- Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server
- Increase scalability using vCenter Server
- Manage ESX/ESXi host configuration using Host Profiles
- Manage host power consumption using Distributed Power Management
- Apply ESX/ESXi patches using VMware vCenter Update Manager
- Manage higher availability and data protection using vCenter Server High Availability, VMware Fault Tolerance, and VMware Data Recovery
Students must have a complete understanding of Microsoft Windows Server, Unix, or Linux Operating Systems. Students should also have a good understanding of data networking technologies.
Aspire to be exceptional
North College is one of the few VMware, EMC and NetApp Academic Academies. In today’s competitive IT marketplace being average is a major risk. While the appetite for outstanding cloud service practitioners focusing on virtualization and storage is growing and evolving The Information Technology (IT) Industry requires continuous professional development, driven by your aspiration to be exceptional.
What is a VMWare Certification?
North Lake VMware Academies includes certifications for IT Architects, Engineers, Administrators, Developers, and Project Managers. North Lake College is committed in assisting you with distinguishing yourself from other IT professionals. You know that being the best isn’t just about executing deployments and managing technology efficiently. It’s about getting the ahead and immersing yourself in the technology so you can take control of your career. North Lake College has developed a unique focus and partnership with VMware, EMC and NetApp Corporations. The focus is to educate students on the technologies that are the foundation supporting IT Cloud Services and enterprise datacenters. This will be an IT role-based education that includes theory, discussions, exercises, and labs that align to real world responsibilities. The following roadmap will provide students with an understanding of the different courses, certifications and requirements.
VMWare Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
As the demand for IT professionals with datacenter virtualization skills increases, it is essential to distinguish yourself in the market with skills and certification that validates your technical capabilities. Becoming a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) does just that. This industry-recognized certification requires completion of a VMware-authorized training course and hands-on experience with VMware technologies. Achieving the VCP certification confirms that you have the skills needed to successfully install, deploy, scale and manage VMware vSphere environments, as well as the skills obtained by a minimum of six months experience with VMware infrastructure technologies.
VMWare Certified Professional - Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA)
Once you earn VMware Certified Professional 5 (VCP5) status you are eligible to pursue our intermediate level certification: VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP). Available in Datacenter Administration (DCA) or Datacenter Design (DCD), this program is appropriate for VCP5s that are ready to further enhance their skills with the virtual infrastructure and add new, industry-recognized credentials to their list of accomplishments. VCAP is also a stepping stone to the prestigious VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) certification. Before enrolling in this course students are required to take and complete the Introduction to EMC/NetApp Storage Course.
VMWare (NSX VCP)
VMware NSX solves these data center challenges by delivering a completely new operational model for networking. This model breaks through current physical network barriers and allows data center operators to achieve orders of magnitude better agility and economics. VMware NSX exposes a complete suite of simplified logical networking elements and services including logical switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, monitoring, and security. These services are provisioned in virtual networks through any cloud management platform leveraging the NSX APIs and can be arranged in any topology with isolation and multi-tenancy. Virtual networks are deployed non-disruptively over any existing network and on any hypervisor.
Key Features of NSX
- Logical Switching – Reproduce the complete L2 and L3 switching functionality in a virtual environment, decoupled from underlying hardware.
- NSX Gateway – L2 gateway for seamless connection to physical workloads and legacy VLANs.
- Logical Routing – Routing between logical switches, providing dynamic routing within different virtual networks.
- Logical Firewall – Distributed firewall, kernel enabled line rate performance, virtualization and identity aware, with activity monitoring.
- Logical Load Balancer – Full featured load balancer with SSL termination.
- Logical VPN – Site-to-Site & Remote Access VPN in software.
- NSX API – RESTful API for integration into any cloud management platform.
VMWare Viewer Desktop (VCP-DT)
VMware View delivers virtual desktops that run in the datacenter to end users, who can access their desktops from any number of devices either within the enterprise or at home. Administrators gain centralized control, efficiency, and security by having desktop data in the datacenter.