North Lake College is one of a handful of colleges and universities that are officially partnering with VMware. VMware Certification is a comprehensive program specifically for the academic community. This alliance will allow collaboration with VMware and provide North Lake Students with key information technology skills. These skills will allow students to compete for information technology careers globally.
Becoming a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) is your first step toward gaining expertise in virtual infrastructure and the industry recognition that follows. This certification is designed to teach you what you need to successfully install, manage and deploy VMware vSphere 5. A VMware authorized instructor-led course is required.
Invest in yourself and validate your knowledge, skills, and expertise by earning the industry's most comprehensive certification program.
- Install and configure ESXi or ESX
- Install and configure vCenter Server components
- Configure vCenter Server Linked Mode
- Configure and manage ESX/ESXi networking and storage using vCenter Server
- Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
- Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
- Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server
- Increase scalability using vCenter Server
- Manage ESX/ESXi host configuration using Host Profiles
- Manage host power consumption using Distributed Power Management
- Apply ESX/ESXi patches using VMware vCenter Update Manager
- Manage higher availability and data protection using vCenter Server High Availability, VMware Fault Tolerance, and VMware Data Recovery
Students must have a complete understanding of Microsoft Windows Server, Unix, or Linux Operating Systems. Students should also have a good understanding of data networking technologies.