All new first-time-in-college students are required to attend Trail Blazer Orientation.
North Lake offers a face-to face orientation program to prepare new students for college and present information about:
- eConnect and using this system to access your academic information and register for classes
- campus resources available to help students
- academic information, such as Core and degree requirements, certificate, technical, and workforce programs
- tuition payment and financial aid
- key characteristics of a successful college student
Orientation is free of charge. Parents of new students are welcome to attend, and they will benefit from a special session geared toward parents' questions.
Orientation takes place in the Performance Hall on Central Campus.
While you're here, if you plan on driving to NLC, make sure you get a free parking sticker
at the Student Resource Center. Parking decals are required for all students.
Required New Student Success Courses
Help for new students doesn't stop at orientation. The required classes Learning Frameworks (EDUC 1300)
and Educational Alternatives (HDEV 0092)
are designed to help you develop skills to improve your success in college, life and work. Topics include adapting to college, thriving in the classroom, setting and achieving goals, and career planning.