Need help planning your career or job placement assistance? North Lake’s Career Services Center provides FREE career planning and job search services to current students, students in the process of enrolling, alumni, and members of the community.
Here are some of the many ways we can help students, graduates, and community prepare for a lifetime of professional and meaningful work.
Career Guidance and Counseling
- Individualized career counseling for students and community members at no charge.
- Computerized guidance programs including Choices (contact Career Services for an access code).
- Career library with resources for college and scholarship information, occupational outlook with descriptions and salary information and job search strategy.
- The resource How To Become lists information on how to enter over 500 different career pathways. Learn what education you need, and what you'll earn as a member of each profession.
- Resume writing assistance.
- Resume critique service to fine tune your resume. Bring your resume to Career Services or email us.
- Computers for resume preparation with Microsoft Word are available for your use.
- When you complete your resume with a career services professional, you can get 10 copies of your resume on crisp, white resume paper for free.
- Mock interviews can help you prepare for the real thing. Watch yourself answer some common interview questions on videotape and get pointers on how to market yourself effectively.
- Interviewing reference material including books and videotapes are available to help you brush up on proper interviewing techniques.
Help Finding a Job
- Student databases can save you time and make your job search easier. We will contact YOU when we find a job that meets your qualifications.
- NLC Resume Bank and DCCCD Job Listing and Referral Services make your resume available to employers who call the Career Services Office or use the DCCCD system. We will send your resume to employers for you.
- Hundreds of job listings are available for review through the NACE Online Job Bank, NLC job vacancy binders and Internet job listings.
- Job listings, salary information, and reviews of employers are available through Glassdoor. You can even see which interview questions many employers like to ask.
- Telephone and fax machine are available for students to make local calls to employers and faxing resumes.