Commit to Complete this September
From September 22 through 26 North Lake College celebrates Commit to Complete Week. This is a week for students to learn about tutoring, counseling, health, and other services available at NLC. Students can also sign the pledge to complete their associate degrees.
Over the course of the week, we'll have over 20 tables set up with information about things like these:
- student life
- student media
- opportunities for minorities
- clubs and activities
- honor societies
- career services
- tutoring from the Academic Skills Center, Math Learning Center, and Science Learning Center
Plus, four-year universities will be here to talk about transferring your credit and attaining a bachelor or professional degree.
Why is Commit to Complete important?
- A person with an Associate Degree earns $400,000 more in their lifetime than a person with solely a high school diploma.
- Four-year institutions recognize the commitment level of students entering with an Associate degree, setting aside scholarship money specifically for AA and AS transfer students.
- Of the 7 million students in the community college system today taking courses for credit, 3.5 million, or 50%, of these students aspire to obtain a baccalaureate degree. Currently only 10% cross the finish line. That's 350,000 students of 7 million. Graduating with a baccalaureate degree takes dedication and perseverance.