Commit to Complete on 3/27
Here at North Lake, and across the DCCCD, our strategy is Commit to Complete. Aimed at helping students complete their degree, this NLC biannual event encourages and equips students through workshops, motivational speakers and new campus resources. The event is led by the Alpha Zeta Eta chapter of Phi Theta Kappa and is offered in the fall and spring semesters.
- Hear the facts and statistical benefits of an Associates Degree
- Get advice from NLC Career Service Specialists
- Discuss important study skills and time management
- Learn how to select a major with help from NLC Academic Advisors
- Discover new campus resources
- Get encouraged by Motivational Speaker(s)
- Listen to fellow students on the fast track to success
- Sign The Completion Challenge
Why is Commit to Complete important?
- A person with an Associate Degree earns $400,000 more in their lifetime than a person with solely a high school diploma.
- Four-year institutions recognize the commitment level of students entering with an Associates degree, setting aside scholarship money specifically for AA and AS transfer students.
- Of the 7 million students in the community college system today taking courses for credit. 3.5 million, or 50%, of these students aspire to obtain a Baccalaureate Degree. Currently only 10% cross the finish line. That's 350,000 students of 7 million. Graduating with a Baccalaureate degree takes dedication and perseverance.